Self care

 Being a single parent has many struggles, the biggest struggle for myself seems to be self care. Most days I don't even have the opportunity to use the bathroom alone much less relax in a warm bath or go to the gym. I have never been a thin girl, my weight has always fluctuated over the years and after have three children I find it really hard to be able to put my needs first at times and lose the weight. so I have embraced the fact that whatever I do my kids will have to do it with me which isn't a bad idea. having them watch me and my motivation to lose weight can help them to keep a healthier lifestyle. so everyday depending on the weather of course my kids and I go walking, my two girls are still in school and will be done in a few days so in the morning it is just me and the little guy. each morning after we take the sisters to school I load him up in the stroller with a packed breakfast and we go for a nice and relaxing stroll downtown and enjoy the fresh air and beautiful scenery. before 9:10 am I reached my workout goal for the day and now I feel so motivated to get things done. my mood is more positive and I don't feel weighed down, just taking some time for yourself in the morning or evening can overall benefit your health and mood. my plan for the summer months are to wake up at a decent time every morning and feed the kids then head outside for a nice walk so we are all in better moods for the long days


Here is a beautiful picture from our walk this morning, nature is where I feel most at home.

Comments

Popular Posts