Screen Time

Screen time seems to be a major issue with parenting these days, people always have their opinion on the matter and it's like if you don't agree with them then you are in the wrong which I never understood. the choices you make for your child in reality is no one else business. the way I do screen time in my home is my little guy gets screen time periodically throughout the day. I allow a little bit here and there, if I am working on my blog typically I will let him watch a couple educational videos that are age appropriate or PBS kids which Is a favorite in my household. now for my older girls they are at school all day and once they get home we do any homework they might have and then they are allowed to play on their tablets. they need time to unwind after being at school and playing on their tablets it's what they enjoy the most. now they are monitored on any electronic in my home for safety reasons. During the summer screen time is done periodically we typically spend a good chunk of the day outdoors. so when we do make it indoors they enjoy some screen time, but the rule is this summer they need all their summer work done before any screen time happens. do what works best for you and your children, don't drive yourself crazy with the unwanted advice of others. remember it's okay to tell someone to leave you alone or just walk away, it's okay to put people in their place and remind them they have no say or business in the matter.




Comments

Popular Posts